As far as an update, I'll start with my "big" event from October. On October 1st, I was at work in the jail, and we had a female Inmate who was banging around in her cell, causing a disturbance. Because of how she was banging, my Lieutenant was afraid she would harm herself, so he instructed us to place her into our restraint chair in hopes it would calm her down so that she wouldn't hurt herself.
The entire time we had any interaction with her, this Inmate was extremely violent in her behavior. She had to be forcefully escorted out of her cell by 2 fellow deputies. I was standing by to assist if needed, and when the Inmate saw me, apparently she saw a target, as she managed to take a step toward me and spit in my face. I assisted to take her down to the floor and control her, then I exited to wash my face. After cleaning up, I returned to assist, as she was being extremely violent as she was being placed into the restraint chair. As I was assisting in getting her strapped down and restrained, she momentarily got loose of another Deputy, to lean foward and bite me on the back of my arm. Luckily, she did bite me through my uniform shirt, but we still had both myself and her tested for any infectious diseases, and both came back negative.
Assaulting an Officer on the stret is considered a misdemeanor crime, but inside of a Jail or other correctional facility, it is a Felony charge. I charge this individual with 2 counts of Felony assault on an Officer, and a fellow Deputy whos face she also spit in charged her with 1 count, as well. Each count carries a maximum penalty of 5 years in the State Penitentary, and some of the court proceedings have already occured. we'll see what else happens with that.
The rest of October was fairly calm, with Megan watching after her elderly Grandmother and myself working. Megan also got hired on with the Pocatello School District, as a teacher's aide, teaching a program called "Soar to Success" to select 4th and 6th graders.
In Early November, Megan's grandmother passed away. We attended the funeral in Blackfoot, followed by a graveside service in Nampa. Megan was able to spend a lot of time with her grandmother near the end of her life, and it was a special experience to her.
Thanksgiving this year was celebrated with my family, with everybody except Michelle (who lives in Georgia) able to come. As it creates quite a crowd when we all get together, I offered to alleviate some of the problem of where people would sleep by offering my home to Doug's clan. We had a fun night where we all spent time together, I cooked a big breakfast the next morning, then everyone congregated at my parents' home for the Thanksgiving meal.
The morning after Thanksgiving, when all the stores open rediculously early in order to squeeze every last dime out of the consumer, Megan had to work. Rather than sending her off at 4:30 in the morning, I drove her to work so she wouldn't have to bother finding a parking spot. My sister in law, Ann, and previously stated that she was going to get up early to hit the super early sales, so I decided to join her since I was up anyway. Well, after attempting to text her, call her, and meet her, I figured out that she was still asleep (like a sane person should be). But, I was already in line outside a store, so I went in, picked up a couple things, and went to bed.
December finds us less than a week until Christmas, and I'm cursing how nice I can be at times. A coworker had requested vacation time for the weekend before Christmas, but had been denied due to no coverage. Well, I agreed to trade him shifts and cover his work week (which is my "weekend"). So, I'm currently on day 4 of 9 straight days of working 12 hour shifts. I began this work week on Tuesday, the 16th of December, and won't have a day off until Christmas day. But, at least I'm not working on Christmas itself.
This is a long, wordy update, I realize, but since I'm first starting, I wanted to include a few of the major happenings. and since I have no photos from those times, I couldn't include any of them.
But, I do have photos now. I'm beginning my photo-a-week goal, and starting with one I took last night. As I said, I work 12 hour days, and a lot of them, so I don't have a lot of time currently. I'm also not very experienced, so my first photos will be lacking a lot of the effects I desire to capture, and instead be more like portraits. My older cat, Seeko, unknowingly decided to pose for me. I took several photos, and I liked this one best, just because the tongue being out makes me chuckle. ^^
Youre ridiculous.. Im just gonna state that right now.. :)
ReplyDelete